The move to the 10,224-seat arena represents a significant upgrade for the all-volunteer team, which held its home games at the 93-year-old, 3,000-seat Schmidt Memorial Fieldhouse at Xavier from 2017 through 2019. The Cincinnati Rollergirls played at the Cincinnati Gardens from 2007 through 2016, when the historic arena was sold and later demolished.
“We’re thrilled to bring the action-packed sport of women’s flat track roller derby to the Cintas Center,” said Lauren “Miss Print” Bishop, the principal owner of the Cincinnati Rollergirls and a founding member of the team. “Cintas will provide our skaters, fans and sponsors with the best experience yet for roller derby in Cincinnati.”
At Cintas, CRG will play on the polished concrete floor underneath the basketball court used by Xavier’s basketball and volleyball teams. Polished concrete is an ideal surface for the hard-hitting, fast-moving sport of flat track roller derby.
Fans will enjoy ample seating, free parking, air conditioning, ADA accessibility and a variety of food and beverage options at Cintas. The arena, which officially opened in 2000, was renovated in 2017 and is celebrating its 20th anniversary this year. In addition to serving as the home for Xavier athletic events, the facility is the setting for Xavier University commencement, numerous area high school commencements as well as outside exhibits, concerts, trade shows, banquets, weddings and family entertainment events.
CRG will hold four double-headers at Cintas in 2020. Doors will open at 5 p.m. and the first game will start at 6 p.m. on each date:
• Saturday, March 21 (Fan Appreciation Night): CRG Black Sheep & Violent Lambs vs. Appalachian Roller Derby (Boone, NC)
• Saturday, April 11 (Superhero Night): CRG Black Sheep vs. Midwest Mamaws & CRG Violent Lambs vs. Vette City Roller Derby (Bowling Green, KY)
• Saturday, May 9 (Star Wars Night): CRG Black Sheep vs. Pikes Peak Derby Dames All-Stars (Colorado Springs, CO) and CRG Violent Lambs vs. Roller Derby of Central Kentucky (Lexington, KY)
• Saturday, June 6 (Pride Night): CRG Black Sheep & Violent Lambs vs. Kansas City Roller Warriors (Kansas City, KS)
Tickets will go on sale at 10 a.m. Monday, Jan. 13 at www.goxavier.com/buytickets or 513-745-3411 ext. 7 at the following prices:
• Season tickets: $45 for adults (13+), $15 for kids (7-12); free for kids 6 and younger. Season ticket holders receive seating in reserved rows near the track, a 20% discount on purchases of $15 or more at the CRG merch booth and a signed team poster.
• Adult single-game tickets: $15 in advance, $20 at the door
• Adult group tickets: $10 per person for groups of 10 or more
• Kids 7-12: $5 in advance, $7 at the door
• Kids 6 and younger: Free
• College students: $7 at the door with valid ID; Xavier students and employees get in free on March 21 with Xavier ID
For more information about the Cintas Center, read our FAQ. We look forward to seeing you at our inaugural season at Cintas!